Assessment, Consultation, and Education
IPC Support Center
How Our Team Can Help
Advance Infection Prevention and Control with greater speed and at reduced cost by leveraging cutting edge technologies
Immerse staff in a gamified virtual environment for the next best thing to hands on experience where it is safe to fail and learn
Understand the current status of your IPC program and access solution-based guidance to strengthen areas of opportunity
Leverage Artificial Intelligence to obtain evidenced-based answers to pressing IPC practice questions that pop up during your day
Request assistance to address and mitigate IPC gaps and challenges identified in your facility
The SLICE Tool
The SLICE tool is a free, online self-assessment designed to assist frontline Infection Preventionists in evaluating and improving their facility’s IPC programs through a series of customizable assessments.
How SLICE Assists Frontline Infection Preventionists
- Assessing their IPC program through a standardized set of criteria based on current guidelines, regulatory requirements, best practice literature and professional organization recommendations.
- Facilitating prioritization of identified gaps, challenges, and opportunities for improvement.
- Providing resources and considerations for quality improvement standards.
The XR Education platform is an immersive education tool designed to assist frontline Infection Preventionists and Sterile Processing personnel in familiarizing themselves with Infection Prevention and Control practices in the Sterile Processing Department. The XR Education tool utilizes extended reality (XR) technologies to advance healthcare provider education and training via an immersive environment.
How XR Education Improves Healthcare Provider Education and Training
- Utilizes novel technology to create an immersive educational environment.
- Improves healthcare provider knowledge, practice, and skills via gamified XR that can be used via a headset, laptop, or smart phone.
Artificially Intelligent (AI) Consultation Center—Coming Soon
The AI consultation center is a free, online tool that utilizes a chatbot designed to help Infection Preventionists answer their most pressing Infection Prevention and Control-related questions. The chatbot provides specific, IPC answers and citations that have been verified by our subject matter experts.
How AI Chatbot Consultation Center Assists Frontline Infection Preventionists
- Providing vetted, reliable answers to an IPs most pressing IPC questions.
- Providing citations and resources to aid the IP in supporting the answers to their questions.
Virtual Consultation - Coming Soon
The Virtual Consultation platform is a free service that is being developed to support Infection Preventionists in small, rural, and critical access acute care settings. The service provides expanded access to Infection Prevention consultation using live streaming immersive technology. These consultations are intended to assist IPs in addressing and mitigating IPC operational challenges identified when completing the SLICE tool.
How Virtual Consultation Assists Frontline Infection Preventionists
- Utilizing novel technology to provide all the services of an in-person IPC consultation, remotely via virtual presence.
- Expanding access to diverse subject matter experts for IPs in small, rural and critical access settings.
Education and Resources - Coming Soon
The Education and Resource Repository is a free, online repository of curated resources and templates being developed for frontline Infection Preventionists.
How Education and Resources Assist Frontline Infection Preventionists
- Providing specific resources and templates to assist IPs in gap mitigation.
Meet our Team
Our mission is to lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care.
Angela Vasa, RN, MSN
Lauren Musil, RN, BSN
& Real-Time Consultation | UNMC
Jaqueline Zikmund, RN, a-IPC
& Real-Time Consultation | UNMC
Alisha Dorn-Sheffield, RN, BSN, CIC
Morgan Shradar, RN, BSN, MPH
Technology Integration | UNMC
Tess McKinney, AAS
Terry Micheels, RN, MSN, CIC, FAPIC
Barbara McDonald, RN, CIC
Richard Hankins, MD
Salman Ashraf, MD
Mounica Soma, BDS, MHA, MS
Aretha Boex, MS, MBA, PMP
Tracy Gady, MS